Not to cast aspersions on the intelligence and good sense of the unusually bright (and well-groomed) readership of Nice Work, but it is possible — just possible — that one or two of you have decided to move house.
Far from being resentful that these statistical outliers have lowered the IQ average of my audience, I am touched by their suffering, and so I have decided to help the poor perplexed wretches in their hour of need by passing on hard-won Moving Lore, learned in the School of Adversity.
And look! It’s all nicely boiled down into a handy checklist for easy understanding. Here:
- Bicycle to Post Office to fill out Change of Address Form
- Pick up loaf of bread while you’re at it.
- Get all Rx’s filled!
- Bicycle part way home.
- Wait for long freight train pass.
- Bicycle the rest of the way home.
- Watch a couple of episodes of Frasier.
- Drop off car at Toyota to make sure it’s all tip-top.
- Replenish Summer Sausage supply.
- Buy new cat carrier. ::Moan::
- Call phone company.
- Stare. Blink.
- Call IDOT to cancel tollway transponder.
- Play on computer. Heh.
- Watch a couple more episodes of Frasier.
- And so to bed with a Good Book.
Your list may differ.